Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Le Meridian Etoile or somewhere else?

I%26#39;ll be staying very close to the Arc de Triomphe for business for June 7 - 11. I%26#39;m staying over until Sunday, June 14 and would like to switch hotels (my business hotel is the Hotel Balmoral, which is getting very mixed reviews). I%26#39;ve tried to get a hotel in the Ile de St. Louis area, but no luck on availability. I%26#39;m now weighing the Le Meridian Etoile v. Le Meridian Montparnasse. Or is there somewhere else you would recommend?





One good thing about the Etoile location - pretty close to the Air France bus, but I understand the other hotel is also pretty close to a stop.




|||



The Air France bus stops right across the street from the la Meridien Etoile. We stayed there over Christmas and really enjoyed the hotel. There is a mall across the street (also the location of the 2nd Angelinas) and the metro stop is only a block away.





Like I said, we were there in the winter so the location of the hotel to the metro was more important than being able to stroll home after a wonderful dinner. If you could find somewhere in the 5th or 6th, I think you would be happier and would be in the mix of the Parisian excitement. We stayed at the Hotel Colbert this spring and loved it. Our other favorite hotel is the Hote St. Jacques on the rue Ecole or try the Villa d%26#39; estrees.





Good luck and I am sure you will get a ton of great ideas from the Trip Advisor fans.




|||



The Meridien Etoile is nicer than the Montparnasse which seemed to be full of large tour groups when I last stayed there.



The Concorde Montparnasse is newer and pleasanter if you want to stay in that area.



I have stayed at the Hotel Jules in Rue La Fayette - near the Opera, which was smaller and rather more central. If budget is not an issue the Sofitel Le Fauborg is very nice.




|||



I stayed in Le Meridien Etoile a few years ago -- very nice hotel, very modern and with all the amenities a business travel would expect. Also a great jazz club on the first floor (completely lacking in character, but good tunes). Although I didn%26#39;t love the location for my itinerary that particular visit, it is a nice place.





We%26#39;re actually staying in the Meridien Montparnasse starting this Friday. Using Starwood Points (as you most likely are, given the question). Don%26#39;t really know what to expect, but excited to stay on the other side of the river (I%26#39;ve been four times before and stayed exclusively on the Right Bank). Unfortunately I won%26#39;t be able to provide an update before you make your plans!





J

No comments:

Post a Comment