Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Affordable hotel for students in latin quarter

I%26#39;m panicking as I%26#39;m looking for an affordable, clean, safe hotel for my college age kids for June 8 to 12 in Paris, near sights. They would like to stay in a lively area, thinking about Latin Quarter or St. Germain area. The budget is up to $ 200 a night.




|||



Coincidently enough I%26#39;m staying in the Latin Quarter those dates, (I just graduated from grad-school-- sorta college age). I%26#39;m staying at the hotel familia, it had good reviews on tripadvisor and recommended in a few guide books. I think the rate was about $100 a night.





http://www.hotel-paris-familia.com/





It seemed a great rate at a great location. The only hostels that seemed adequate were too much an inconvenience to get to the city center. I wanted the ability to walk to at least some sites.




|||



Thank you! I just called them and they are fully booked for the third and forth nights!




|||



Hi Marmara (and fellow Canadian), last summer my 24 yr old daughter and I stayed at Hotel de College du France and we really liked it. Nothing super fancy but clean and charming. We really just were looking for a clean, safe, inexpensive place to sleep...after all we were in Paris...who wants to spend time in a hotel room! I think we paid around 100 euros per night for a twin room with a balcony. Two french doors to a little balcony with a bistro set! Not sure what prices are like this year. It was in a fantastic location, we walked everywhere, though buses and trains were close by too. Lots of great places to eat in the vicinity. We never ate at the hotel. I think they serve breakfast only. Check out their website for instant availability %26amp; prices.




|||



Thank you Juanita58!



Unfortunately I had to book a more expensive place; everything seems to be booked. Especially because a friend of the kids is joining them and they need a triple room.



Your help is appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment