Saturday, April 21, 2012

Driving Route CDG-Auxerre

Question for all of you experts. I%26#39;ve check on ViaMichelin for driving route from CDG to Auxerre (mid-week, mid-day). It suggests a route very close to Paris itself, which I was hoping to avoid based on the various posts on TA.





It would seem that perhaps a different route from CDG heading south and east to the N104 through Fountainebleau and then connecting to the A6 would be a bit less chaotic albeit perhaps a bit longer. But, I%26#39;ll admit I%26#39;m not familiar with that area or the N104 and whether that%26#39;s just a different set of problems.





Any reaction to this route or any others you might suggest...or just suck it up and stick with the ViaMich. advice?





Thank you very much.






|||



Firstly, if you are considering driving to Auxerre after having arrived CDG following an all night, trans Atlantic flight, I should like to stress that driving this distance while tired is very dangerous. Fatigue is a major cause of traffic accidents and the road ahead will require a great deal of concentration.





Secondly, to answer your question specifically, I recommend your exiting CDG to the EAST (not the normal exit) following D212 (eastward) to N2 (southbound), then following the Francillienne (N102) clockwise around the outer perimeter of metropolitan Paris until reaching A5. Proceed southeast on A5 until the A19 cut over to A6. This is normally the fastest route to Burgundy from CDG.





A word of caution however; La Francillienne (N102) is still a very busy highway and numerous large trucks can easily hide highway markers and route signs so plan and execute this (or any Parisian) route with care.




|||



Correction: La Francillienne is N104 as you noted (not the miss typed 102) or sometimes also A104.




|||



Thank you, Sarasto, that%26#39;s exactly what I was looking for.





I understand the caution about driving after flying...thank you. I%26#39;ve done it a number of times on other foreign trips and try to keep it to about 2 hours...that%26#39;s about my limit after such flights. It%26#39;s not great, but it works. And, that%26#39;s another reason I was looking to avoid as much of the Paris city area as possible.





Again, thank you.




|||



It is quite a few years since I used La Francillienne, but it was very good (on a Sunday!)



Do you know where - on the net - I can find the route set out? That is from near Evry on the south to say the N1 north of St-Denis. I have hunted the net but not found it clearly specified. When I did it I had a pretty good navigator sitting beside me and I do not fancy the prospect of stop after stop to look at the map



Thanks



Jean




|||



Either of these locations will give you step by step instructions and maps:





http://www.viamichelin.fr/



http://www.mappy.fr/

No comments:

Post a Comment