Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Artwork as carry on ?

We fly out of cdg Paris on June 2nd to Chicago. I bought a large oil painting on canvas which is rolled up. I am unable to put it inside my check-in luggage because it is a little long and won%26#39;t fit. Since I have to take it as a carry on, do you think anyone at the airport might object maybe because it is oil on canvas or due to its size? Does anyone have any experience or knowledge. Thanks for your help!




|||



As long as it%26#39;s in the 30-36 inch range (I assume it%26#39;s in a tube?) I wouldn%26#39;t think you would have a problem - certainly, not because it%26#39;s a painting, or in oil/acrylic. I have carried things like that several times, although not quite that size. Alternatively, the gallery (if you bought through a gallery) might be willing to arrange to ship it.




|||



Thanks for replying! Actually it is 36 inches and yes it is rolled in tube. I just checked United%26#39;s website and it says ..



%26quot;should not be more than 9 x 14 x 22 in. (23 x 35 x 56 cm) (length x width x height) or 45 linear inches* (114 linear cm)%26quot;





I am hoping that we should be fine because it is well under 45%26quot;.




|||



We brought home tubes with posters inside on Air France and no one said a word

No comments:

Post a Comment