Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tap water safe to drink?

Hi





Is the tap water in hotel bathrooms/anywhere in france good for direct drinking without filtering/boiling??





Can I safely put a glass under running tap water without worrying about bacterias ? :-)




|||



Tap water in France is safe. What do you think the French drink?




|||



This question drives me mad, and it just keeps coming up -- France is a modern, developed nation, one of the most productive economies in the world, with 100% of the population having access to clean, safe drinking water and modern sanitation.





It is absolutely, positively safe to drink.




|||



Thanks,..please understand my question comes from my citizenship of india..we do not drink tap water




|||



Dont worry, tap water in Paris is supposed to be better and better these days.



You wont find any difficulties anywhere in France about that, maybe apart from some funtains in public parks.




|||



Sunshine, the question could make you mad coming from the US, but from India, it does make sense, I think.





Yes, tap water is perfectly safe in France. Drinking it is merely a question of taste. You don%26#39;t run any risk by using it and drinking it.





Enjoy your trip!




|||



A while ago we had a poster from the Phillipines ask about leaving a child alone in the hotel room and everyone got annoyed with that person, too.



I think it is worthwhile to read the individual%26#39;s residence and understand potential cultural differences before forming a reply.




|||



Hi -





The tap water in Paris is very safe to drink, however, it has a high mineral content and some people don%26#39;t like its flavour. That%26#39;s the only reason to drink bottled water. I think it%26#39;s fine, but then I live several months a year with mountain water that is also very hard, and the rest of it in Florida where the water has a vaguely salty flavour as well as a high mineral content.




|||



Thanks Phread and all others who understood my intentions in posting the question.



In India we use water only after boiling it or after passing it through water purifiers.





So something like drinking from tap is strict no no for us in India.Hence checked for Paris about the same.




|||



We have excellent tap water here in Scotland and I have no doubt it%26#39;s similar in France.



I would never drink water out of a bathroom tap at home, however, as that water has been sitting in a tank in my attic. I only drink tap water from my kitchen tap as this is straight from the mains supply. Is it just me who does this?



When we were in Paris recently we drank bottled water in our hotel room but I would have been happy to drink tap water from the kitchen.




|||



some clarification: %26quot;drives me mad%26quot; should be read as %26quot;makes me crazy%26quot; -- not makes me angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment