Saturday, April 21, 2012

Just returned last night.WOW!!!

Myself and my wife just returned from spending a week in Marais(4th).We rented an apartment on Rue des Archives from Parisummertime.com.The price was right and we had the time of our lives.We went to the Hidden Kitchen on Saturday night.The host and hostess,Laura and Braden spoiled us.We went to O chateau on Wednesday for a wine tasting with Oliver and loved it.Our last night we had a special dinner on the top of the Pompidou Centre at Gorges Restaurant and watched the ET light up the lovely skylive of Paris.The cheese,onion soup,wine,the bread,the chocolate,the wine,the people,the hustle and rushing of the Metro was magical.By the way did I mention the wine.It is great to get home but I hated to leave.We loved the museums(sp)On off tour bus is the way to go.I am beat but it is a GOOD beat.Took tons of pictures ,the street scenes are all great even the lousy ones.Thanks to all at TA.By the way we used Shuttle-Inter to and from CDG the were awesome.Have the time of your life and never look back.Enjoy.I,m going to have a nap.Whew!!!




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; Took tons of pictures, the street scenes are all great even the lousy ones.%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





LOL !!!





When people say to me: %26quot;Wauw, you take such beautiful pictures !%26quot; I say: No, I don%26#39;t ! I just go beautiful places, hold up my camera and click !





Welcome back - next time go for 2 weeks. You have to pay for the planeticket anyway, right ?




|||



Please post some of these pictures or if you can link us to some!





Glad you had fun, hope my trip there will be also!




|||



Paris is indeed a WOW!!! city. I agree !!!



There are times when I walk around minding my business and all of a sudden, I stop and look and think %26quot;I am so lucky to live here%26quot;. Crossing the Pont des Arts at the right time of day will bring an occasional tear in my eyes as it is so perfect !




|||



la photagraphe,





I%26#39;m so pleased to see you write that about your city! I think alot of times we don%26#39;t appreciate what is right under our noses!





I know that when I lived in Charleston SC for 5 years (I know - some people will say no comparison to Paris!) I was amazed that I lived there! The history and the mansions blew me away.





The few times I have been in Paris I often daydreamed about knowing how to speak French and living in a beautiful flat and having money to live while there!





Anyway - just wanted to tell you I enjoyed your post!




|||



Jake390, so glad you had a wonderful time. Paris is indeed WOW! Sounds like you and your wife know how to enjoy life.





La Photographe, I was happy to see that someone who lives in Paris still notices its beauty. In my heart I always hoped that daily life wouldn%26#39;t diminish the magic to its residents.




|||



I leave for Paris in about three days for my third trip. I hate busy, crowded places, but yet I absolutely love Paris. It makes no sense.





On my last trip I saw everything you could possibly see in the amount of time I had. Of course I had a very detailed itinerary that I didn%26#39;t follow :) full of tips I had read on this sight. I did, however, use the tips. This time I%26#39;m going to relax more.I%26#39;m not going to worry about seeing everything, because I know I%26#39;ll be back. In fact, my next trip will be next March when I travel with a group of students.





This time I%26#39;m traveling with six of my teacher friends. We%26#39;re taking the advice of so many of you and staying in an apartment that we%26#39;ve rented from Paris Perfect. The last time I stayed in the 5th, this time the 7th. Someday I%26#39;d like to stay in the Marais area.





The last time I went I had a long list of restaurant suggestions. I got really caught up in writing down great places to go to eat. I really didn%26#39;t follow the list, probably should have, but there%26#39;s just so much to choose from I really wasn%26#39;t worried about finding a good place to eat when we got there. Great places everywhere we went! I do plan to eat more ice cream and pastries on this trip:)





I have seen the Hidden Kitchen mentioned several times on this sight. What was special about it and would I need to make reservations? What would the average meal cost? I%26#39;d like to have a few places in mind for my friends and this is one I%26#39;m considering.





We will be eating at Chez Clement. I know it%26#39;s a chain and that there are a lot of other places that are better. But I just love it. I%26#39;ve been there three times. The only thing I don%26#39;t like about the place is that they always want to sit our group in the front. It%26#39;s so much nicer towards the back, much more interesting. I will mention that when I make reservations this time and will insist or we%26#39;ll go somewhere else. It%26#39;s not like there aren%26#39;t a million other places to go :)





Anyway, I am anxiously awaiting my third trip. Love the idea of an apartment.





I%26#39;ll write when we return.





Thank you for your post. It added to my exitement.




|||



Oops, not three days. Three weeks. I%26#39;m actually glad it%26#39;s not three days. I want at least three more weeks of dreaming about all the cool stuff we%26#39;re going to do and see.




|||



Hidden Kitchen is a couple of blocks from the Louvre.It was a 10 course meal with about 7 or 8 different wines.Check out their site Hidden Kitchen.The couple were great and their home was lovely.It was the best 80 euros we ever spent while in Paris.They said they are booked until October(we got in because a large party cancelled.Give it a shot it was the highlight of our trip.Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment