Wednesday, April 25, 2012

cdg airport to neva hotel(2 min walk from charles de gaule)

Hi all. Im leaving on Saturday (from the Western Isles of Scotland) and arrive in CDG airport at 3pm. I am trying to figure out the bast way (easiest way) to get from airport to the hotel which is the Neva hotel. It is on Rue Brey which is a wee walk from the metro and rer station.



** My question is.... do i get the RER to chatelet-les halles then change to get to my destination OR...



do I....get a bus straight from the CDG airport to the Place charles de gaulle etoile?



I have checked this hundreds of times and I still dont know whats best.



I cant wait to go to Paris, first time for me and my mother. Thanks if you can help me.




|||



Unless your budget is very tight I would recommend taking the Air France bus to Etoile. It leaves you at the top of Ave Carnot and costs €13 one way and €22 if you buy a return ticket. Rue Brey is a short walk from Ave Carnot.





The cheapest options are to take either the Roissybus or the RER into central Paris and transfer as folows: RER line B to Chatelet Les Halles and RER line A to Charles de Gaulle Etoile, or, Roissybus to Opera and take underground passageway to Auber and RER line A to Etoile Charles de Gaulle. Both those cost about €8.60 each way.





Your choice. You won%26#39;t be jetlagged coming from Glasgow so if €5 means a lot take one of the less direct and cheaper options. Otherwise the comfort of the Air France coach would lure me every time.




|||



This was your original post and my pearls of wisdom in reply. I don%26#39;t know why it posted again a few minutes later.




|||



Thanks dalkeyraveller, Im going to go with your suggestion and take the bus, will be more convenient at the other side. Whey hey, im sooo looking forward to it now, was a wee bit stressed at the thought of ending up at the airport and THEN deciding how i was getting to the hotel. Cheers for that. Iona x




|||



Take bus. If you have a party of 3 or 4, take a large taxi for a similar price and a little added comfort.




|||



Thanks le photo.., Im going to tske the bus. Ix

No comments:

Post a Comment