Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Paris budget?

Hi all,





I am going to Paris in almost 2 week and it will be 3 people including me traveling together, we are planing to stay for a week and I have paid for park entry tickets to Disneyland (without the the transportation)





And we might take a day trip to Versailles+Giverny , my only concern is that we have put a combined budget between 1,728.02 - max 2,208.84 Euros for the entire week, of course minimum if no shopping at all the main concern is food and transportation plus sight seeing here.





Would this budget be enough for an entire week?







(PS. SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST, posted it in the wrong city section earlier!)




|||



Yes. But don%26#39;t expect to have any money left over.




|||



That would be 80-105 E per person/per day, it can be enough if you want it to be.




|||



Completely doable! On the days I don%26#39;t shop, I barely spend over 80E a day, if that. Granted, I don%26#39;t go to fancy restaurants or anything, but you can enjoy yourself on that amount of money.




|||



80-100 euros per day per person is adequate for: eating, postcards, museum tickets, metro, coffee, icecream, afternoon drinks, pastries etc.





However, if you want to have one or two day with a good 3-course lunch (which is about 60-80 euros per person, including apéritif, ½ bottle of wine + coffee) - you must allow for an equal number of days on a tighter budget.





Also if you plan on daytrips, you%26#39;ll have to allow for traintickets etc.





I hope your budget does not include hotel expenses, because then you%26#39;ll have a problem.




|||



My calculus is without shopping. Definitely without shopping ! And without expensive theatre, opera- or concert tickets.




|||



to Dewtrell, yes we defiantly wont go to any fancy restaurants going to look for normal cafes and light meals through out the day.





Otherwise I would have loved to try a top notch restaurant in Paris, it was a last minute spontaneous trip plan so we didn%26#39;t save up for it, hopefully I will get to visit Paris again and enjoy the fancy side of it! =%26gt;




|||



To GitteK, wow thank you so much for your informative and detailed reply! =D





The hotel expense is not included in this budget, I am paying that by my CC.





I was keen on going to a show in Paris, hopefully if we last 5 days with a decent budget left then I can see a show before I leave Paris =)





Not planing to visit many museum thought, except the Louvre.





We are mostly planing on light meals through out the day, and we don%26#39;t drink alcohol so we wont be spending any money on fancy wines.





I am still preparing mentally for the fact that I-really-cant-go-shopping, I love shopping and it is going to be hard but I will try to do more sightseeing and avoid shops if necessary so I won%26#39;t be tempted!





And thank you so much you really helped me allot! =%26gt;




|||



Thank you navrad and innaMontreal for your reply!




|||



I%26#39;ve traveled pretty extensively and I have not had the killer dining experience in Paris as I have other cities. While I love Parisian food, it is the very basics, like steak and frites, onion soup, cheese, bread, boeuf bourguignon, just very simple dishes. I%26#39;m allergic to eggs, and I know eggs is used a lot in French cooking, so I have to be careful.





While I%26#39;d love to dine at Jules Verne, paying $200 for lunch, upwards of $300 for dinner isn%26#39;t worth it to me - I%26#39;d rather put that money towards a Louis Vuitton bag or shoes.




|||



ilga6 - you%26#39;re welcome.....





Now there%26#39;s shopping and there%26#39;s shopping. Of course you can buy yourself a little bitsy thing from Paris as a personal souvenir: a scarf is BOUT 5-10 euros,a set of bijouterie earrings or a necklace you can have for about the same price, some little pretty thingy for you kitchen or bathroom: about the same.





Shopping doesn%26#39;t have to mean %26quot;robbing-Place-Vendôme%26quot; (Or.....well...... somebody actually did, recently ! So why not ??)





Paris is an explosion of unbelievably beauty, style and luxury right in your face. You walk from one exquisite window display to the next and they become still more waaaauuuuuwww !! At some point you simply have to come to terms with the sheer pleasure of %26quot;lèche-vitrine%26quot;, licking the windows. Just enjoying that affluence and abundance like this does in fact exist. And let go of the craving to possess.

No comments:

Post a Comment