Thursday, April 12, 2012

Suggestions?

My husband and I are traveling to Paris next week. We would like to get out the big city and visit a quaint french country town about 1-2 hours from Paris. I would love to stay in a cottage or B%26amp;B to get some french home cooking. We would also like the town to big enough to see some churches/monuments/vineyards,etc. Any suggestions?




|||



I have several questions before offering any suggestions.





1. Why is this posted on an Anvignon forum? Post it on France or Paris for more %26quot;hits.%26quot;





2. How long will you stay in this %26quot;town%26quot;?





3. Will you have a car? Is the one-two hours requirement by train or by car?





My first thought is Loire Valley - maybe stay in Chenonceau or somewhere nearby. There is so much to do there, but you would wantt o give yourself at least three days to cover it all without feeling crammed.





Another thought would be Normandy. You could get the train to Caen and pick up a car tere. I would not stay in Caen, but ther eis plenty to do tere. THis option would appeal to the history buff, with all the WWII memorials, but Giverny and Mont St. Michele are pretty fabulous, too.





KH




|||



I messed up. How do I delete this posting and add it to a Paris posting?



Will will be going by train and will have 2 nights and 3 days before we head back to paris.



Thanks.




|||



Why don%26#39;t you just re-post on the Paris Forum?

No comments:

Post a Comment