Tuesday, April 17, 2012

How to plan my routes...

Hi,





Am planning to travel between 08 aug to 29 aug (about 3 weeks vacation). I%26#39;ve fixed my fly in country which is Rome, Italy. I have also bought my Eurail ticket for 21 consecutive days pass. I would like to cover 5 countries within this period. I would like to go to below places :



1) Italy (Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan). By the way, is Milan a good cultural and sightseeing place ?



2) France (Nice, Aix-en Provence, Paris)



3) Switzerland (Interlaken, Zurich)



4) Austria (Salzburg, Austria)



5) Prague (Prague city)





Question :



1) What is the best route to move for me to cover all mentioned places ? I dont mind to fly via domestic budget airlines as such from Paris to Prague if needed to save time.



2) Is 3 weeks achievable ? Will it be too squeezy to visit those countries within 3 weeks ?





Thanks for your advice...






|||



Yes, that will be way too squeezy. The Italy trip alone should be 2 weeks.





Since you are flying into Rome, you need to see Italy. It would be best to pick just one other country (maybe 2 if you skipped France - but who could do that.)





Yes, Milan is a great city, but you need to decide which places are most important. I would say 6 cities maximum and that would still be pushing it.




|||



THanks Oregon.





In my plate now, i have 5 countries on mind...which is the countries do you think it should be drop off from my list ?




|||



I%26#39;m with IluvOregon -- in only two weeks, you have way too much planned for not nearly enough time (because you haven%26#39;t counted transit times, which will be considerable for covering that much area).





Pick Italy and France, and drop the rest for the next trip. Rome, Florence, Venice the first week, then Nice, Aix, and Paris -- and then back to Rome for your departure.





It%26#39;s all you%26#39;ll have time for -- that gives you just two days in each of your 6 cities...and not quite that, with transit.





If you try to do 5 countries in 2 weeks, all you%26#39;ll see of Europe is what you manage through a dirty train window from your sleep-deprived, weary eyes -- not a fun trip, and certainly not a good way to see Europe.




|||



Hi Shelvin,



If you%26#39;ve 3 weeks, yes, do France and Italy.



If it%26#39;s 2 weeks, I think going to 6 cities is too much of a rush. You%26#39;ll spend your time checking in, checking out of hotels/B%26amp;Bs, unpacking and packing, and all those hours traveling.....



Forget about 5 countries. You might as well go with a packaged tour and check those countries off your list.



Think of quality vs quantity. You won%26#39;t regret!



Your fellow Singaporean.

No comments:

Post a Comment