Saturday, April 21, 2012

Haven in Paris Apartments and TIPS

Has anyone used this company?



Im going to Paris in September . Taking my sister for a birthday present for 1 week. Hoping to stay in Abbesses area.



Does anyone know where to go for live music, things to do in the evenings if youre not into clubbing. Intend to do lots of walking, galleries/art, shopping and Versailles during the days. Also need some good but not expensive eating places for evenings.



thanks




|||



Paris for a birthday present !



Anyway I can join in your family ?





If you intend to stay in the Abesses area, there was a Cafe just off the Place des Abesses which had Jazz trio twice a week - Tuesday and Thursday - You can have meal at 12 E or just stick around for drinks. Pretty popular among the locals so that was nice. The name was Place St-Jean or Cafe St-Jean...you%26#39;ll see, hard to miss.





For a concert, you can stop at LA Cigalle in the Pigalle area. I did not look out for them but St-Germain is a known area for Jazz %26amp; blues. I would sugest you just get there and pick up a Pariscope (0.40 E) which is a weekly journal with very useful info - shows, plays, walking tours, restaurants etc...)





There%26#39;s also some classical concerts in old small churches which can be pretty amazing. If you show up last minut, you can grab some cheap tickets sometimes. The Opera Garnier also offer cheap tickets(10 E)...you may get a limited view of the Opera ( meaning you might have to stand up ) but you%26#39;ll have the opportunity to admire the ceiling from up close :-)




|||



i` ve made a reservation for the livingstone ap. (i guess it`s the same withthe one you are interested in)





but i can`t help much cause i`ll get there in august :D



so far they `ve been very helpful and i didn`t have any problems



i`ve a full opinion at the end of august but i think it `ll too late for you...





ps thanks eric for the tips




|||



Thanks lots Eric for the tips. The birthday is a %26#39;special%26#39; one. This is a one-off. Any other tips you have would be greatly welcomed.





Abfab - Im waiting on company sending me agreement. Do they post or email it? You could still let me know how your holiday goes and you may have some great tips to pass on too.





thanks again



Lily




|||



There%26#39;s the Hotel Regyn%26#39;s Montmartre directly on Place des Abesses which I can recommend. Really great...50 feet away from the subway if you want to head off downtown and in a wonderful neighborhood to spend time in.





Booking.com offer the doube at 84 E or the comfort at 90 E. Comfort just offer more leg room. No fluff hotel but the room was perfect by me.





Thanks




|||



they sent contract and must be signed (in many many places) and mailed back in a few days.





it suited me very much that i could use my credit card for deposit instead of cash. the bad think is that the full amount must be payed 2 month before the arrival





i guess you are interested in the livingstone app. , right ?




|||



Abfab -The apt is the Abbesses one bedroom. I get the sofa bed since its big sis%26#39;s birthday treat. It has a balcony tho which is great and a lovely view from kitchen/diner.



I stayed in a Montmartre hotel just off Rue des Martyrs Oct 05 with my partner. A bit dismal. He liked the walks in the guidebooks, eating, drinking (which is nice...) At least with sis I%26#39;ll get some shopping done and lots more culture.



PS Contract arrived today - as well as a phone call to say they also have other people interested and would I be sendiing it back soon!! Feeling a bit rushed.



Lily




|||



I rented this very apartment for 8 September through 15 September. Don%26#39;t break anything :-)




|||



LOL Promise to try and not break anything - who recommended them to you?




|||



Nobody. I found them all by myself. I didn%26#39;t find any bad reviews anywhere on the net, so I figured all was well.




|||



Will be renting 3 bedroom apartment in Marais from Haven in Paris for April 11 - 16th. I will let you know how things go. So far, paperwork seemed fine and I have gotten very prompt and polite responses to questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment