Friday, March 30, 2012

Photography Tips for Nice

Hi,



I travel to Nice next week for a 9 day holiday and am really looking to getting out and about with my camera (I%26#39;ve just finished a digital photgraphy course) and I am looking for ideas of where to photograph and where the best spots and times of day to get scenic pictures.





I also like taking pictures of architecture, repeating patterns and bright things. Any advice would be great and if you have pics of Nice already on flickr that you are happy to share then pls let me know your flickr name.





Thanks



Kathryn




|||



Top of Castle Hill and Old Town Nice




|||



I think you%26#39;ll find the old town (Vieux Nice) to be very inspiring with its narrow streets, quaint houses, markets, etc.





For aerial views, the Colline du Château is a great place.




|||



The port - lots if repeating pattern and possibility for abstracts in the port area with the traditional fishing boats and newer boats , bundles of net and weights , reflections





Musiciens and Cimiez , old town areas for architectural detail - mediaeval, belle epoch and art deco architecture



Russian cathedral





lots of colour and repeating patterns at the markets - especially lay out of veggies , fruits etc



Also before lunch or dinner; tables set for al fresco dining, sunbeds and chairs and umbrellas on the beaches





Personally i prefer to go to Mont Boron/ Mont Alban rather than colline de Chateau as I do a lot of nature photography as well as architectural details -to me there are better views, higher up , and you have the views over Villefranche and cap ferrat as well as over colline de chateau, the port and the baie des anges - and fewer people





But colline de chateau can be good for roof tiles and patterns if its not too hazy.





Look out for the sailing school boats and kayaks they can make amazing patterns especially looking down on them




|||



I was testing my brand new camera on my holiday in Nice and find that I took most pictures in Eze and Villefranche, stopping along the way snapping aerial views of the riviera. Definitely worth a trip out. Nice old town, the castle hill %26amp; the port have a lot of good spots too!




|||



Best locations IMO: Eze-Village, Villefranche-sur-Mer, Cours Saleya and the Old Town before sunset, old streets in San Remo and the food market in Vintimille and San Remo (the ones where the locals are going), old villages behind Menton (Sospel, Peillon, Touet L%26#39;Escarène, the Old Town in Menton and so much more...




|||



Kathryn - thank you for asking that question. I too am into digital and am now shooting in raw. I have made a list of the suggestions given here. I am sure we will both have some fun photographing Nice.




|||



Thanks everyone what great advice - i thought i was excited about my holiday before but I am even more now!





Selkie and YMCA you are great ambassadors for Nice - I have found the advice you have given throughout this forum invaluable when planning the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment