Tuesday, April 17, 2012

France Railpass

I%26#39;m interested in getting a railpass, but I realize that in order to use it on some of the trains, I must pay a fee to reserve a seat ahead of time. How do I know when I need to reserve a seat and how much does it cost in addition to the railpass to make reservations?




|||



A rail pass for France will always cost more than point-to-point tickets, especially as you can get reduced price tickets by booking ahead online.





You can get train times and costs, and make bookings, at www.tgv-europe.com/en but say you are from Great Britain. If you say you are from USA, you get another site that has much higher prices.




|||



The price premium one pays for reserving a seat on a reservation only train is nominal, I have heard from 3 to 9€. However, seats alloted for pass riders are minimal and train availability may present larger problems than the fee itself.





If you can plan sufficiently in advance to purchase tickets outright, you%26#39;ll save money over purchasing a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment