Friday, March 30, 2012

apts on Avenue Victoria or 12 rue Jean de Bellay

Hello, everybody!





I and my husband plan to spend the first week of July in Paris and so far we picked two apartments:



1. Avenue Victoria b/n Rue Edouard Colonne and Place Du Chatelet:





1.http://www.multimap.com/maps/#map=48.85806,2.34651|18|4%26amp;bd=useful_information%26amp;loc=FR:48.85806:2.34651:17|Avenue%20Victoria,%20Paris%2075001|Avenue%20Victoria,%2075001,%20Paris,%20Ile-de-France





2. 12 rue Jean de Bellay



maps.google.com/maps…





Both places claim that the apt located on the quiet street. Could you please comment on this? It doesn%26#39;t look so from google map, but may be the street is lack of traffic?..*-))





First place is on the 5th floor - no A/C. Second apartment is on the 2nd floor, facing courtyard - no A/C. How hot is in Paris on average in July?





I would really appreciate any inputs on my questions.





Zoya




|||



It seems like the first apt. is in the exact location of my hotel, Hotel Britannique, 20 Avenue Victoria. We stayed there in 2006 and will be staying there again this month because we LOVE the location. In 2006 we had a room facing the street and requested a street view this time as well. We found the street to be very quiet and pleasant.





As for the A/C issue, many posters tend to differ with me, but I personally wouldn%26#39;t stay any place without it. The heatwave we experienced 3 years ago made us extremely grateful to be able to return to a very cool comfortable room. I know that you cannot predict the weather in Paris, but I believe that July can get very hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment