Tuesday, March 27, 2012

CDG to the Marais

What%26#39;s the best way to get from CDG to the Hotel Jeanne D%26#39;arc in the Marais? 3 Rue de Jarente, 75004 Paris, France.





Thanks!




|||



you%26#39;re sort of right between where I stay (rue de la Bastille - Air France bus to Gare de Lyon and walk from there - or bus if I time it right and they%26#39;re uncrowded) - and where my parents stay (Rue de Braque - they RER to Chatelet Les Halles and walk)





if you dont want to walk (and I dont have the metro or bus map in front of me) you can Air France bus to Gare de Lyon (or RER to Les Halles) and take the bus or metro.





also people reco the airport shuttles - they suck here so I tend to avoid them, but last time I took the Air France bus we waited over an hour at Gare de Lyon for it to show to bring us back to the airport...




|||



Best as in easiest is a cab. Estimate around 50 - 60 euros.





Best as in cheapest in the RER (suburban rail link) from CDG to Chatelet then change to metro line 1 to St Paul. Cost 8.40 euros per person This could involve lots of stairs and dragging luggage through underground corridors (Don%26#39;t think I%26#39;ve ever connected RER to metro 1 there). If you%26#39;ve travelled on the night flight from LA then I doubt if this appeals. Take a cab.




|||



Thanks Everyone!! This is very helpful.




|||



Take the RER from CDG to Chatelet-Les Halles. There is one flight of stairs at CDG down to the platform,,,,the only stairs you need use! When you transfer from the RER to the metro (line 1), it is a long way, with a couple of gates to go through - hang on to your ticket till the end - but it is all escaltors, even a moving walkway part of the time. When you get to St Paul, in the middle of the platform there is an escalator to street level - the only one I%26#39;ve found so far. Wish I had known this yesterday when I arrived - ended up taking a taxi from Les Halles (and had to walk up a flight of stairs to boot).





The Marais is great and so%26#39;s the weather. When are you coming ?




|||



Not until September, I%26#39;m just obsessed with planning it though. Thanks for the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment