Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Input on where to stay

I%26#39;ve been reading this forum and taken a million notes from all of the insightful things you all have written. I am planning a trip to Paris -- my first!-- in the end of August. From reading here, that seems like not the best time of year to go but I don%26#39;t have a choice as I%26#39;m working the trip into a conference. I am traveling alone and have narrowed down my choices to three different places. I%26#39;ve made these choices after reading this forum and TA reviews. What I%26#39;m wondering is, is any one of these better for a first time traveler? I love the idea of the centreparis apartment, especially after the great reviews, but I%26#39;m not certain if that%26#39;s the best idea for my first trip. Any insight or %26quot;what are you crazy%26quot; would be much appreciated:)





Here are the 3:





www.hotel-collegedefrance.com/index.html (This is a bit more than I%26#39;d like to pay, but I like the location.)





centreparis.com/location-paris/…fiche-43.html (The aboukir studios that seem to have the most/best reviews here are all booked during my time, unfortunately. I have put in a query asking for a WC photo as one is not posted on the site.)





www.hotel-argenson.com/English--Home.phtml



(A good friend stayed here a few months back and loved it. I absolutely love the price, however, I%26#39;m concerned about the location. Would this work as a good operating base? Would it be easy to take the AF bus or RER to?)





Again, merci beaucoup pour vos conseils :)




|||



We stayed at the Hotel du college de France in March and loved the location and the hotel.





However, the Hotel Argenson appears to have an excellent location too. We loved Parc Monceau and the Nissim Camondo Museum which are very close and you can walk to the Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, etc. It is also close to 2 Metro stations.





I am not familiar with Air France or Roissy buses. Hopefully someone else will answer or you can search.





The Hotel du college de france is very easy from the RER - no transfers, just a short walk from the St. Michel station.





The Hotel Argenson will be more complicated from RER, requiring 2 transfers - but it would be doable if you didn%26#39;t have too much luggage.





I see that the Hotel Argenson includes breakfast, too, another good deal. It is 10 euros if you eat at Hotel du college de france.




|||



Sorry to be annoying and bump this but I am a waffler and would love more input. Thanks IluvOregon for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment