Sunday, April 15, 2012

cannes to nice

Coming in by cruise ship to Cannes on June 14th. thinking of going to Nice and maybe stopping in Antibes on the way back. Is this realistic and a good idea. How long does it take to get to Nice from Cannes-is the train the best option and where would I get info on schedules and pricing. Really just into strolling around and absorbing everything and eating of course. Any other ideas would be great too.



Anita




|||



Hi Anita,





You didn%26#39;t say how long you%26#39;ll be in Cannes, but the train to Nice is less than an hour. Pick up a Cannes to Ventimiglia train schedule, and an unlimited day pass is about 11 Euros. If you%26#39;re on a limited time frame, the %26quot;Nice-Ville%26quot; train stop is probably your best bet for strolling. On the return, Antibes is only about 15 minutes from Cannes. The old town of Nice is probably the best place for strolling and eating for the day. The train station in Cannes is right in town, and a few minutes walk to some great shopping on La Croisette. Have fun!




|||



Will only be there for 1 day so time is definitely limited. How do I get more info about the train you are talking about- is there a website- not exactly sure what i am looking for.



Thanks



Anita




|||



website is sncf





or http://www.ter-sncf.com/paca/index.asp




|||



Thanks, actually I had found that website but of course it is in French so I was having some trouble with it. Are there prices listed somewhere because I am not seeing them.... I also didnt see the stop Nice-Ville that was mentioned. Also someone mentioned about an all day pass?????? Do I need reservations or can I just show up at the station and buy tickets (all day pass)



Thanks again



Anita




|||



It%26#39;s difficult to find prices



sometimes the website is in english





I checked on internet





cannes - nice = about 5 or 6 euros one way





the day pass is only the summer and not necessary every year



I don%26#39;t know for 2008



the name is %26quot;carte isabelle%26quot; and last year the cost = 11 euros for one day





the main station in Nice is Nice-Ville





you don%26#39;t need to book in advance because it%26#39;s a local train (no reservation possible)





just pay at the train station




|||



Thanks for your help. I am glad that I dont have to book in advance, this way I can see how the day goes and plan accordingly. Anything in particular that would be nice to see while we are there or any really good but not too expensive places to eat or snack



Anita




|||



I%26#39;ve taken the train a few times on this route. There are automated ticket machines in the train station which are VERY easy to use...well, I stood behaind someone and watched him use it first. As I recall, they only take COINS.





Then you take your ticket and feed it through this turnstyle-type thing. That gives you access to the train platforms (boarding area). Actually, the turnstyle wasn%26#39;t working and I needed to catch the train, so I just walked into the passenger area. No one stopped me, but I made sure I kept my ticket just in case.





I think the train runs every hour. I believe I took the TGV. The only problem I had was figuring out which departing platform to go to. I just asked people if I was standing in the right line.




|||



Hi Anita. I am coming by cruise ship to Cannes on June 13th and was also thinking of going to Nice and stopping on Antibes on the way back. What did you end up doing? Do you have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment