Saturday, April 21, 2012

2 Star Accommodation in 5th or 6th

Can anyone suggest some good clean accommodation in the 5th or 6th (preferably near Blvd St Germain). 2 star is fine and about 90 euros for a double or is that pushing it? I%26#39;m going for 3 nights in September.







Thanks...




|||



You might try Hotel Minerve. Nothing fancy, but a nice location and the reception desk staff was very helpful. Very nice location in the Roman Quartier. Rates may be a little higher than you%26#39;re hoping for but probably not by much. Good luck.




|||



Try La Louisiane in rue de la Seine in St Germain. Very well situated - two minutes walk from the Boulevard and within three or four minutes of three metro stations (Odéon, St Germain and Mabillon).





It wasn%26#39;t fancy (small room), but it was warm (I was there in January) and clean, and everything in the bathroom worked. It also has free internet in some rooms (maybe all by now) - if that%26#39;s important.





The cost varies depending on when you want to go.





Check their website. www.hotel-la-louisiane.com/index_eng.html




|||



The Louisiane is on a really good street, rue de Seine between rue Buci and Blvd. St. Germain and directly across the street from the supermarket. I stayed on that street for 19 years. The Welcome Hotel, at 66 rue de Seine, is a few steps down from the Hotel Louisiane. I stayed at the Welcome for around 10 years as the price was right. It can be noisy, due to the traffic on Blvd. St.Germain, if the room is in that direction. I%26#39;ve stayed in many of its rooms. Last month there was scaffolding around the building, so I don%26#39;t know exactly what they%26#39;re doing to it.





As for the 2-star that I like best, it%26#39;s Hotel Le Clement, at 6, rue Clement. It%26#39;s one black south of Blvd. St.Germain and half a block east of rue de Seine. I don%26#39;t know if you can get it for 90 Euros in September. 90 Euros is low for the 6th. I always ask for a room facing the street. I%26#39;m a light sleeper, but a room facing the street doesn%26#39;t bother me in that hotel as it%26#39;s situated on a square, directly across from the Marche St. Germain.





I stayed at Hotel de Seine, 52 rue de Seine, for 9 years. I love it. It%26#39;s a short, half block north of rue Buci. I was on the website, week before last, possibly looking for a room in August, and there was a website special for 100 Euros, which is very low for that hotel. It was renovated, in 1990/1991, and my $50. room went to around $125. after the renovation which is why I moved to the Welcome Hotel and then on to Hotel Le Clement.





I%26#39;ve seen the rooms at Hotel Louisiane and they%26#39;re very basic. If I were you, I%26#39;d try to get into either Hotel de Seine, if you can get a special website price (hoteldeseine.com) or Hotel Le Clement.





If you go over to fodors.com, I have a whole Left Bank and Right Bank hotel thread there with lots of ideas. Just type in , %26quot;Paris Hotels Left Bank%26quot;, in the SEARCH box, and you%26#39;ll get to it. Then the Left Bank and Right Bank threads are connected. I have the same screen name over there. Good luck to you and have a great trip. Happy Travels!




|||



September is high season and you may have to increase your budget. I never stayed there, but I agree that Hotel Le Clement in the 6th is pretty nice for a 2* hotel location-wise and overall. Hotel de Seine is a 3* now.




|||



Hotel du College de France if they have vacancies.




|||



It%26#39;s not fancy but the Hotel Studia is clean, under 90E, on Blvd St Germain, directly at a metro and has a working elevator.




|||



On the other hand is there any good apartments in the same area we have never done apartments but maybe its worth looking at ( we have always stayed at our safe bet in thh 17th but want to be more central this time) As for budget I could stretch to 110 euros a night :o)




|||



I definitely second Hotel du Collège de France but hurry up they may pretty weel be fuul for September as of now.




|||



Apartments usually don%26#39;t rent for three nights. It%26#39;s usually 5 or 7 minimum. There are some that will do three nights, but they%26#39;ll not be so easy to find. Plus, they will more than likely tag on a hefty fee for renting for fewer than 5 nights. Happy Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment