Tuesday, April 17, 2012

porte de vanves flea market

I am a little confused about the days and times when the flea market is open. I thought it would be great for my teenagers. On the web site it says: visit us both on Saturday and on Sunday



up to 7 a.m. all along the year





On the Avenue Marc Sangnier until 13 p.m.



On the Avenue Georges Lafenestre all the afternoon





Huh? Thanks!




|||



The market is there both days, setting up at about 7am. The part I visit is the Ave Marc Sangnier where the market starts packing up at about noon and is pretty much finished by 1pm.





Another poster, I think it was Discover, said the market continues all afternoon but the focus is more on cheap new retail products - possibly discontinued lines - than on the old wares and bric a brac that interest me. I assume that is on avenue Georges Lafenestre




|||



Yes, you are right Faux.





I would get there early before it is picked over ....when it packs up around 12:30 to one pm. Another market starts unloading....it is sewing stuffs, rugs, and just ordinary cheap items, kitchen, bathroom, and fabrics for covering tables etc.





It is best to go in the morning if one can.




|||



I agree with the other posts. Try to get to the flea market somewhat early. Exactly at 7am isn%26#39;t probably necessary, but definitely before noon. We just went last Sunday to the Port de Vanves one around 9:30am timeframe and had no problem with crowds and there was plenty of junk to look through.

No comments:

Post a Comment