Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chartier Fermer for renovations

I don%26#39;t know if this has been posted as I%26#39;ve been having a great time as usual in Paris the past 11 days, but I went by Chartier last Sun Nite and it was closed. There were signs in French and English apologizing for the situation but the kitchen was undergoing renovations. There was already a pile of debris in the courtyard.



I%26#39;m glad I stopped by a few nights earlier -- the porc grille au sauce moutarde was delicious. The %26quot;tourist%26quot; I sat across from was from Paris.




|||



I can%26#39;t find any reference to when it will reopen but here%26#39;s an email address if anyone needs it:-





email : direction@restaurant-chartier.com




|||



If Chartier is closed down there is no reason to go to Paris.




|||



Hopefully, Travelling Professor%26#39;s comment is tongue in cheek ....




|||





I forgot to add it is closed until July 1st. There also has been a few waitresses working there the last few times I%26#39;ve visited. Quelle Change!




|||



Thanks for posting this - but I am gutted! was going to go next weekend




|||



Le professeur peut etre le propriƩtaire du Chartier:)




|||



I was all set to go for my birthday dinner on Thursday. Imagine my horror when I saw the notice on the gates that it was closed till July. Strangely enough, they are still posting %26quot;today%26#39;s menu%26quot; on the website, and no mention of the closure.




|||



For your information:





www.rest-gj.com/bouillonchartier-1.html




|||



I hope that improved kitchens means improved food. Wonder if this means the price will be rising?

No comments:

Post a Comment