Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day in Cassis

Spending a day in Cassis in a couple of weeks before we take the train to Nice.



We were planning on checking out the beach in Cassis, and doing one of the Calanques boat tours. Im wondering if people can get off and swim around the calanques? Most of the tours ive seen are just 1 hour boat rides.





Not too sure what else there is to do/see in Cassis otherwise.




|||



I believe the boats will drop you off in any of the little hidden beaches and then pick you up later.





Enjoy!




|||



None of the organized tours to my knowledge drop off passengers other than at the embarkation point.




|||



Hummmm. Besides the bigger tour boats, are there smaller boat companies that will drop me off at a beach at the calanques and pick up later?





I would prefer to get off the boat and experience les Calanques a bit more up close than just from a boat.




|||



I have found on the web that it was decided by the Conseil Regional to forbid boats dropping visitors off in the calanques so walking is the only way to get there.



Going to Cassis as I was growing up, boats would absolutely drop you off in En Vau then pick you up on another trip.




|||



I was in Cassis 6 days ago and did the ferry ride to see the Calanques. I asked them if they would drop us off at one of them but they said they don%26#39;t do that. I did see people sitting and swimming around the Calanques but I think they either hiked or took a small boat there. The beach there was pebbly and not that great. I didn%26#39;t go searching for nice beaches there so its possible I missed something. Its a cute little town with small shops and cafes. In my opinion you won%26#39;t need more than a few hours there. One day should be fine. Try to do the 8 Calanque ride, its only a few euros more but it doesn%26#39;t run as frequently so you have to catch it at the right time.





If you%26#39;re going to Nice, try to go to Juan les Pins or Antibes for their sandy beaches. Nice beaches are pretty but they%26#39;re pebbly. Try renting a car there so you can visit other smaller towns as well. We rented a car and did the coastal drive from St Tropez to Antibes and Nice and it was absolutely beautiful.




|||



Good to know good to know, i guess ill just take the boat tour.





Yeah Ill be in Nice for a couple of days, so hopefully I will be able to check out Juan Les Pins. I hear its good for younger people to check out at night?




|||



We stayed in Juan les Pins so can%26#39;t compare the nightlife with Nice. The place is very lively in the evenings too. We were so exhausted from swimming at the beaches during the days that we didn%26#39;t check out clubs at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment