Sunday, April 15, 2012

One evening in Paris... need advice

Hi all,





I have one evening in Paris, this Friday. I arrive at the Mont Parnasse train station. I%26#39;m a young girl travelling alone on business, and I would really love to see at least some of the city.





However, I do not know how to do so safely. I cannot find any tours that will pick me up at my hotel because it is too close to the airport.





Any suggestions?!





Thanks!




|||



How about a Seine cruise and a bustour around in the city to see all the illuminated monuments ?





I checked, there is one on Friday 5 June at 19:30





…parisvision.com/11,53-river-seine-cruise-an…





The tour starts at their office in Rue de Rivoli and you%26#39;ll have a headset by your seat to have a taped guide. Which you can then turn off, if you want to enjoy the view in peace (more difficult to do that with a %26quot;live%26quot; guide !).





%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; Excursions in air-conditioned coaches start from our agency located at : 214, rue de Rivoli, in the first district of Paris (Subway: Line 1 - Station: Tuileries).%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





From Montparnasse you take metro line 12 (direction Porte de la Chapelle) and get off at CONCORDE. Then you walk along Rue de Rivoli under the arcades until you come to their office. You must be there, I think, 20 minutes before departure.




|||



Hello Candice,





You come at Montparnasse station and have a hotel close to the Airport ? Indeed it will be difficult to find such a Tour, that guides you to the City and then takes you to your hotel near the Airport. I know an agency buy I can%26#39;t advertise on the forum it%26#39;s forbidden. I could send you their link by PM if you want.



But as you%26#39;re alone, the best would be to have your hotel in Paris, and then going to the airport...and it%26#39;s very very last minute, this friday. From Montparnasse you can have a very nice view of Paris having a drink in the coffee of Montparnasse tower, after there is the line 6 of the subway in Montparnasse that takes you to Trocadero and Champs ELysees, line 6 is very crowded and safe too... Saint Germain des Prés and Odeon too, with the line 4, they are very nice areas.





Hope it helps,





Dav




|||



Yes, please send me the link. It is difficult for me to get around unless there is a bus pick-up and drop off, because I know little French and have not been to Paris before.





Thanks!




|||



Thanks for the info, Gittek! But I will have to check into my hotel first, I have quite a lot of luggage to drag around. :)





I was actually looking at that tour before, and it appealed to me... when the tour is over, how easy would it be for me to grab a cab to head back to my hotel?

No comments:

Post a Comment